Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Tiffany Project

Lately I've been thinking about the purpose behind my art works. I have strong beliefs and I want to express those beliefs.  But is that all? Should my work purely be an expression of who I am or my personal perspective? I think many artists would argue that this is what art is.

I want more.

Tonight I received some clarity about my questions of purpose and goals in art. I don't want to simply regurgitate my own impressions and thoughts. I'm after REVELATION. Specifically, I want my work to be a sort of catalyst for REVELATION. Separate from or similar to my own experience, whichever it may be, I don't want my work to just be about me. I want the viewer to have new REVELATION.

This might sound elementary to some, or even naive. But I'm sure that others will agree and express a similar desire.

So for now, this is my statement.  My personal manifesto. Short, yes. But that's not important right now. Clarity will increase as I pursue this goal.

Perhaps even this first post will be a first "work" in this pursuit ;)

-Alexandra





No comments:

Post a Comment